Friday, September 23, 2011

The Start of Autumn 2011


It's here, the autumn equinox, the official nail in the coffin of summer.  When I was teaching I rarely had the opportunity to enjoy beautiful autumn days outside, something that drove me a little wild.  Now that we are both retired, fall is a great time to take off on short trips and enjoy this pleasant time of year.  Our getaway coming up starting Sunday at Dillmans promises fine weather.  I am not sure, but I imagine that the colors will be starting further north.  The weatherman says we can expect days in the 70s and nights in the 40s, which sounds just about perfect to me.

Tonight is the Wisconsin Regional Artists Association's annual Evening With the Arts in Madison on the University of Wisconsin campus, and tomorrow is the state level awards presentations and the last day of a month long exhibit of artworks chosen from regional shows over the course of the year.  Both events promise to be fun, a chance to see some terrific art, to reconnect with other Wisconsin artists, and to do a bit of snacking.  My entry in the Tiny Treasures exhibit and sale this year is getting an award, and will be featured in the WRAA calendar for 2012.  All the Tiny Treasures entries are 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the size of Artist Trading Cards, created in a variety of media and the sale will help support the WRAA.

Speaking of nice recognition, I was surprised and pleased to learn that my Late B(l)oomer web log is being featured as a "Best of the Web" blog on a site called Pocketchange.  I understand it will be there a week, and there are others interesting blogs as well, including one about small houses, one about craft beers, and a couple others about arts and crafts.  You can see the site here:  Pocketchange


4 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Congratulations on behing featured on Pocketchange...I can see why, your blog is full of interesting features.

Marius Barbu said...

Great orange pumpkin start!

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations on the award for your painting! I'll check out that site and see what is there...

Edgar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.