Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summertime, Summertime


It was a cool and wet spring, but summer is turning out to be nice so far.  The other day my friend Lyn, visiting from Florida, emailed to say she is visiting her mother in town and to ask if we could meet for coffee.  Of course!  I drove us to nearby Milton, where an old church and former daycare has been transformed into a coffee shop and garden center.  I couldn't resist sharing some pictures.


This is Lyn, partially hidden behind a summery display of plants and garden art.  Everything is on sale, but, alas, my plantings all require shade, and my hostas have pretty much taken over the yard.  So, I enjoyed just looking and taking some photos.


The garden center is called Patty's Plants, and one of the things I enjoy is how nicely she displays her flowers and veggies.  I like the way she uses wheelbarrows,  garden seating, and rusty tools in creative and artistic ways.  Inspiration abounds!

2 comments:

Torrie said...

I just love that first display! It just seems to scream summer loud and clear. Looks like an awesome place!

ann @ studiohyde said...

I notice you say you 'drove' there...no bikes then! The garden centre looks so pretty. I enjoyed visiting via your post....regards ann.