Friday, April 10, 2009

Vintage Imagery for Spring


This past winter I spent some time going through old books at my local consignment shop, looking for illustrations that I might be able to repurpose.  These are all from a children's book from the 1880's called Young Folks Jungle Stories.  If you'd like to use them I am happy to share. This one is a magpie chasing a rabbit.


I could see adapting these for collages or cards.  The original paper was yellowed and crumbling, and some images were damaged.  I repaired each with Photoshop Elements.

I also found a stash of vintage tags, and I think I may use some of these pictures to make gift tags.  I'd love to hear if you find a use for these vintage illustrations.

1 comment:

Charlene Brown said...

These are beautiful 'spring' pictures, perfect for collage -- time well spent in the library. I have a Passion for Painting Award waiting for you on my blog. Check it out for details.