Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Whommpff

6x6 inch collage, 1980s Superman comic book

I have been coping with recent horrific news reports by limiting how much time I spend watching them, and by spending time in the studio.  

I've been wondering if these little experiments in comic collage bend all sorts of copyright rules.  That certainly isn't my intention; my goal is to celebrate the artwork, study it a bit, and see how I can manipulate the colors and images to create something new.  

I am also curious how the papers will hold up, outside of their original covers.  The pieces of panels are all encased in acrylic gel medium, and sprayed with an UV inhibiting spray, but I imagine they still may fade.  Perhaps the UV spray will help delay that.

Where is Superman, when you really need him, anyway?

No comments: