Friday, January 4, 2008

The Eleventh Day of Christmas: Some Things Never Change




I'm starting to take my Christmas decorations down, bit by bit. The wreath that dried up and dropped a bag of needles on the carpet, the big centerpiece with evergreens and fruit, the tabletop tree in my bedroom. The big tree comes down tomorrow.

One thing struck me as I have been working on our archive of family photos, and that is how similar some pictures are from generation to generation. The top photo is me, and the bottom one is my youngest niece. I Googled "babies kissing mirror" and discovered that my niece and and I are not the only little ones who loved our reflections. Do all babies kiss themselves in the mirror? I'd love to know. I haven't had that urge since about 1952!

3 comments:

Rayne said...

The photos are wonderful comparison shots. I love them. I remember my own two would kiss themselves in the mirror also. Like you, I wonder why...

MILLY said...

You certainly have a winter wonderland. Our little covering of snow yesterday has now gone.
Thankyou for your comment, A3 size is 297mm x 420 mm. Double the size of A4, the usual photocopy and printer size paper...Hope that makes sense..usual size here in UK!
Best wishes for 2008. Eileen

Sharon said...

Yes, I have this same photo of my daughter around age 3 or 4 doing the same thing. How funny.