Saturday, April 26, 2008

Heads Up!


Virginia Bluebell (Mertensia virginica)

Sometimes it's the little things that make a person most happy. For me it's being able to hold my head upright again. I had my last visit with the resident at the eye clinic, and he said my eye is healing well, and that I no longer have to hold my head at a 45 degree angle. This is cause to celebrate. I can read much more easily, and I don't look quite so dorky walking around. It's great being able to sleep on either side. It's just good.
I still have blurred vision in my left eye, and it still has the gas bubble that looks something like a smoked glass magnifying lens. It bounces when my heart beats, which is fascinating, but distracting. Luckily the bubble is gradually getting smaller, and I can see enough over the top of it to drive a little around my neighborhood. I think my husband will drive me anywhere where there is more traffic for the time being. I'm not working out, not bending over, not lifting heavy things. But I'm typing, and I'm going to try sketching later this afternoon.
My garden is changing daily. The bloodroot blossoms are gone, and the Virginia bluebells are temporarily taking over the back flower bed. I haven't gone exploring today, but I think the false Solomon's seal should be coming up, and maybe the jack-in-the-pulpit. The leaves on the trees are like fine chartreuse lace. The maple on the deck has started dropping little red buds by the bucketful. Spring is here!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So happy to hear that you are healing well!

Anonymous said...

Yikes--reading back, just got to the news about your retina.... glad it is healing properly.