Monday, October 11, 2010

Back in the Saddle and Then Fell Off


OK, I have not worked in my studio in four or five weeks.  I've gone to art shows,  and I've thought about it, but either it was so hat I couldn't face time in that little room, or I had other things to do and places to go.  I worked ages on an computerized family tree.  Blah, blah, blah.  So today I decided to sit down and play with a monotype image of a musician friend, working on masa paper.  I had high hopes - then after I applied the base, the colors, dampened the paper and rubbed to lift the image, I tore the paper.  I repaired it for this posting with the magic of Photoshop, but it was not a good thing.  So, having nothing to lose, I went back in with watercolor and black in and a brush.

Looks like I got back in the saddle and then fell in the dust.

No comments: