Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Looking for Beauty in Punta Cana



I can't resist posting a few more pictures from our recent trip to Punta Cana.  When I travel I try to take a few photos that I can use on my computer desktop, just pretty images that will remind me of sunshine and green growing things.  I don't know what these flowers are, but they were planted all over the resort.


In addition to flamingoes, an egret fed in the decorative pools.  In fact there were little fish in the water, so this bird was there often, feeding.


The beach was filled with people of all ages, sizes and shapes.  These little girls were entranced by the water. I liked their body language and the way they were reflected in the damp sand.

I may try to paint them later, but if anyone who reads this blog wants to try to draw or paint any of the images, I'd love to see how they turn out.

1 comment:

winna said...

I'd like to sketch and watercolor the Egret--I'll post it when done and give you credit for the beautiful photo...ok?---Winnajill, who already has thousands of photos on file she has taken but not too many egrets....your site is wonderful and very very interesting---I may make the sugar plums which I've never had, too...